We’re Hiring: Designer (Junior)
We are in immediate need of a freelance junior designer that can move between print, digital, and social executions.
Here’s who you are: You know how to do the job. Period. You can move between industries easily. You aren’t afraid to go from Mom & Pop clients to big national brands. You’re creative and know that flash doesn’t equal attention. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You can translate client needs into action.You go above and beyond. You understand you are part of a team. You’re honest, kind, funny, flexible, daring, and as they say in the music business, a good hang.
- 3+ years of design experience (print/digital/social)
- Portfolio demonstrating strong digital campaign executions
- Strong understanding of digital platforms as well as their use within marketing
- Exceptional design skills, including logos, print ads, digital ads, social posts, sales collateral, and signage
- Solid written and verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to listen to the client and occasionally grit your teeth
- Self-starter who is a detail-oriented and enthusiastic team player
Here’s who we are: A boutique creative communications agency based in Emeryville that’s been around since 1990. We specialize in branding, advertising, communications, and engagement. We work with clients large and small, global and local, in a wide variety of industries. Let’s see, in the past couple of years we’ve worked with huge retail and tech clients, a wireless speaker company, a local entertainment company, a national exercise franchise, and a local video production company. We don’t shy away from any challenge. We like to have fun. We trust our people to do their job. We pay a fair rate. We look for long-term relationships.
The Money Question: We pay a competitive hourly rate based on your work experience and the client’s budget.
Please send us: links to five of your recent projects or your online portfolio, links to three designers who inspire you, your hourly rate, and a small blurb about who you are, what you like to do, and your favorite ice cream. No resumes. We will not look at resumes. Really.